Sunday, July 22, 2012

Hello


My sabbatical started officially on June 19, 2012 and already I have been busy travelling and taking graduate courses. The definition of the word sabbatical is,
"From Latin it is sabbaticus , Greek tikos, from Hebrew shabbat, i.e., Sabbath, literally a "ceasing") is a rest from work, or a hiatus, often lasting from two months to a year. Also, "sabbatical" has come to mean any extended absence in the career of an individual in order to achieve something."(Wikipedia, today, yes I am quoting Wikipedia!)
Well, I definitely can appreciate a rest and will try to achieve great things this year with the courses that I am already taking, plan to take and the places I plan to visit.  I also intend to try out new technologies, read and review many YA and adult books, travel and spend time with family.  I hope to chronical my experiences in a somewhat interesting way in this blog. andI I hope you will join me on my journey into the hiatusphere. (insert sci/fi music).

No comments:

Post a Comment